CADORNA LINE Forte at Dossaccio di Oga, part of the North Frontier, the defensive system devised with the unity of Italy to protect any attacks launched through the violation of Switzerland's neutrality, but carried out laboriously due to lack of funds and finally completed urgently at the approach of the Great War. Built at 1730 m above sea level in an area above the basin of Bormio between 1909 and 1912, equipped with 4 cannons of 13 Km of range for a wide capacity to ban the enemy offensive, since 1938 the fort is headed to the valtellinese captain Corrado Venini, gold medal for Military Valor. Still operational in the II GM, decommissioned in 1958, it remained abandoned for decades, to be finally recovered from the Mountain Community Alta Valtellina and open to the public, equipped as a museum of the First World War. It offers historical tourism the visit of the barracks and territorial passive defenses: the perimeter of barbed wire reticulates with spider-like iron spikes, the surrounding wall, the deep moat and the expanse of the Friesian horses. Tourists can also access the upper terrace of the building to observe the armored domes of the cannons and the turrets of the machine guns, together with the majestic panorama of the mountains. Photograph by Elena Piccini, Oga, part of Valdisotto (SO), August 2016.

Valdisotto Sondrio Italia

title: THE FORT OF OGA, CADORNA LINE

subject date: 2018-02-19

state: Sondrio

caption: CADORNA LINE Forte at Dossaccio di Oga, part of the North Frontier, the defensive system devised with the unity of Italy to protect any attacks launched through the violation of Switzerland's neutrality, but carried out laboriously due to lack of funds and finally completed urgently at the approach of the Great War. Built at 1730 m above sea level in an area above the basin of Bormio between 1909 and 1912, equipped with 4 cannons of 13 Km of range for a wide capacity to ban the enemy offensive, since 1938 the fort is headed to the valtellinese captain Corrado Venini, gold medal for Military Valor. Still operational in the II GM, decommissioned in 1958, it remained abandoned for decades, to be finally recovered from the Mountain Community Alta Valtellina and open to the public, equipped as a museum of the First World War. It offers historical tourism the visit of the barracks and territorial passive defenses: the perimeter of barbed wire reticulates with spider-like iron spikes, the surrounding wall, the deep moat and the expanse of the Friesian horses. Tourists can also access the upper terrace of the building to observe the armored domes of the cannons and the turrets of the machine guns, together with the majestic panorama of the mountains. Photograph by Elena Piccini, Oga, part of Valdisotto (SO), August 2016.

category: HIS

city: Valdisotto

copyright: © Fototeca Gilardi

copyright status: Copyrighted Work

country: Italia

credit: Fototeca Gilardi

instructions: Per utilizzi: Fototeca Gilardi - t. 02 3931 2652

place: Valdisotto

file date: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

object name: 72563

priority: 0

multiplying price: 1.00

pricing: default

continent: Europa

image century : XXI

image epoch: Duemiladieci

subject century: XX

subject epoch: Novecento

technique: Architettura

id: 41082

file name: FSNgilardi_72563.jpg

keywords

WW1tricolorItalian defensive systemKingdom of ItalyWorld War ImuseumMonte ReitmountainCadorna lineItalyWorld War IThe GMThe GMGreat WarNorth FrontierfortificationstrongholdForte VeniniForte DossaccioFort of OgaStrongdefenseborderCima ReitReit peakTop of the Reitflagmilitary architecturehigh Valtellina

Prints and more
Print A4 (21x29,7 cm) 15.00 EUR
Print 30x42 cm 42.00 EUR
Fine art print 20x30 cm 55.00 EUR
Fine art print 30x45 cm 80.00 EUR
Print A5 (14,8x21 cm) 8.00 EUR

Dimensioni in pixel: 4925 x 3262

Dimensioni file jpeg: 8682KB

Dimensione file non compresso: 47066.46 KB

Dimensioni di stampa (300dpi): 41.7 x 27.62 cm